Distribute heat evenly in rooms by running a ceiling fan in reverse. By re-circulating the warm air trapped near the ceiling, you can lower your thermostat.
My heater stopped working, what should I do?
- Be sure that the oil burner switch is ON. (it’s usually located on the side of or above the heater)
- Make sure the thermostat is set HIGHER than room temperature & any backup batteries are “fresh”.
- Make sure that there is enough oil in the tank.
- Press the reset button located on the oil burner’s primary control – but only ONCE.
- Check to see if the flame comes on. (or listen for the change to a “rumbling” sound)
- If the burner won’t run at all, check for a tripped circuit breaker or blown fuse.
- If the burner still fails to operate, CALL 856-931-6000 for service.